Buy, Swap & Sell

A re-hash of the rules and guidelines. Website information is published here, along with any issues. New members might also like to introduce themselves here.
markerlamp

Re: Buy, Swap & Sell

Postby markerlamp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi Chesand.

Trying to PM re W car.

Please PM me if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Markerlamp

chesand

Postby chesand » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 am

Markerlamp

PM sent

Chesand

Topgreen

Postby Topgreen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:49 pm

G,Day all,

Can anybody out there point me in the direction of replacement roofs (the smooth type) for lima "overland" cars.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.....Topgreen

That model............its been in the cupboard for years.

allan

Postby allan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 am

Topgreen wrote:G,Day all,

Can anybody out there point me in the direction of replacement roofs (the smooth type) for lima "overland" cars.

Thanks in advance.

The deafening silence would suggest that the only way to get these is to make your own... Be warned, those roofs made from clear plastic are both hard and brittle. The best approach is to fill the grooves, then sand them flush. The smart move then is to treat one roof as a master, and cast as many as you need.
Cheers,

Allan Lees

TheMeddlingMonk

Postby TheMeddlingMonk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:39 am

allan wrote:
Topgreen wrote:G,Day all,

Thanks in advance.

The deafening silence would suggest that the only way to get these is to make your own... Be warned, those roofs made from clear plastic are both hard and brittle. The best approach is to fill the grooves, then sand them flush. The smart move then is to treat one roof as a master, and cast as many as you need.

Hi Topgreen,

I had a go at making them myself for my Vinelander set (you can see the results here), so it can be done. Allan is right in that the plastic is hard and brittle - be careful when handling the roofs, since if you bend them too much (i.e. push against the windows on either side) they will fracture and possibly split down the middle of the roof. One of the roofs I had second-hand was already fractured, so I ended up adding some styrene crossbeams inside the roof, above the windows, to prevent it from splitting apart whilst still allowing me to get it in and out of the carriage when needed.

Harley

Postby Harley » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:51 am

Following items for sale. All prices are before postage which will be calculated for each sale. Please only correspond via PM’s so that I can keep track of who wants what and when! Happy train buying!
Austrains NR’s.
All are from the latest production run, and all are in perfect, as-new condition and have never ran.
NR6 National Rail Grey/Marigold $240
NR29 Pacific National Blue/Yellow, No Stars $240
NR57 SeaTrain Blue $240
NR59 SteelLink Grey $240
NR78 National Rail Grey/Marigold $240
Austrains 81’s.
All are brand new and have never ran.
## One FreightCorp Blue 8155 which has had a couple of parts removed and a tiny strip of paint removed. This was done to investigate what was necessary to repaint the locomotives. This particular loco is slightly cheaper because of this, but it won’t need much work at all to return it to original condition.
8125 Pacific National Blue/Yellow $250
8178 Pacific National Blue/Yellow $250
8134 FreightCorp Blue/Yellow $250
8155 FreightCorp Blue/Yellow $250
8155 FreightCorp Blue/Yellow $250
8169 FreightCorp Blue/Yellow $250
Auscision NDFF Hoppers – brand new, in box
2x SRA Red
2x Freight Rail Blue
$60 each or $210 for all 4
Promotex/Herpa/TES Linfox Trailer with older style plain yellow Freightliner truck. Good condition, some damage to decals when they were applied, a bit of a touch-up of paint or some weathering would hide this. $30
Mains West Models PN 48130 decals $5
GR Decals Lindsay Brothers truck and trailer decals $5
SEM shunters steps $8
Uneek framed station signs $8
Walthers dumpsters x4 $4ea or $10 for all 4
Athearn Yard Tractor $20
Furuta Japanese Nissan sedan $3
Rail central buffer stops x2 $5ea
Peco rail buffers x2 $2ea
CDA 3 Aspect signal $20
Kerroby models Massey Ferguson tractor kit $10
Tichy plastic wheels and axles – highly detailed wheels for display in yards etc x96 $10
Lit’le Trains CL Class Kadee adapters x2 $3ea
Lit’le Trains NR Class Kadee apapters $3
Trainorama 2CL pair of Bogies $5

sarail

Postby sarail » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:13 am

SOLD!

For Sale
Victorian Outline HO Scale layout “Liralau”
As featured in the February 2010 edition of Australian Model Railway Magazine

Liralau was completely rebuilt in 2010/11, and eventually retired from the exhibition circuit in 2013. Since retirement it has been stored undercover in my layout room, however, it is now taking up space for a future home layout, and I am now looking to give it a new home.

The layout is being sold ‘as is’ and is made up of four(4) self-contained 1500mm x 600mm (including lighting) modules, and eight timber trestles (total layout length is 6000mm), and as is, would make a great display layout or shunting layout.

Point motors are all DCC equipped, and are operated using the ANE Smart Switch system. All track is Peco code 100.

Each module has lighting provided by two Crompton incandescent tube lights (spares tubes available through Bunnings).
Some work will be required to re-install a DCC system and tidy up some scenery, however the layout is otherwise ready to go.

Please note, no staging tracks or DCC system are included in the sale.

Pick up from Adelaide, South Australia
Asking Price: $3000 O.N.O.

All legitimate enquires to

Peter Michalak
petesarah@adam.com.au
0402 501 439

bjviper

Postby bjviper » Wed May 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Chasing a couple more Model Etch Q wagons, seeing as they're all sold out now. PM if you can help.
Thanks to Mr Ferric and Kurzimoto, I now have enough :)

Thanks.
Brendan
Last edited by bjviper on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Brendan

Buninyong

Postby Buninyong » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Folks,
I have decided to sell one of my Steam Era R class Kits if anyone is interested (don't need 3 R's!).
The kit for sale is new, unmade and complete- asking price $550.00 + $15.00 registered post (within Aus).
PM me if interested, otherwise will list on Ebay after 1 week...
Mark.
SOLD

orangeandgrey

Postby orangeandgrey » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 pm

G'day all,

Hoping someone can help me. I am after some original plastic airhoses from an Austrains BL or G class. Missing a couple from one of my units. Hoping someone may have swapped theirs for brass and have the old ones left over.

Cheers,

Chris

Return to “Welcome to the VR-Enthusiast forums!”