Plan of attack...

Discussion and happenings with a possible modular layout by members of the forum.
S301

Re: Plan of attack...

Postby S301 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:10 pm

On the plan of attack... I'm seriously looking at starting a module in the near future (already getting some buildings together for it).

Admittedly, my module is going to be a different location to the Bendigo line... However, once we get a scenery set worked out, it should be easy to blend in.

As on Railpage, I'm looking at the Koo Wee Rup loco siding area. However, instead of the two single tracks, it will be setup to operate as a double track line (admittedly with a set of facing points for the loco siding...).

On scenery, the Bendigo line is an interesting one in this area, as it really changes quite rapidly from 'green' to 'brown/dry' and back along it's length...

On this topic though, I would like to note that I am also looking organise a model railway user group around the Yarra Ranges area, which would possibly be working on a modular layout (hopefully to the same standards, or free-mo AU if we go with that), which could possibly be linked into our system...

Zec
A beat of 6... The heartbeat of an S class...
All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

wolfpac

Re: Plan of attack...

Postby wolfpac » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:00 pm

S301 wrote:On the plan of attack... I'm seriously looking at starting a module in the near future (already getting some buildings together for it).

Admittedly, my module is going to be a different location to the Bendigo line... However, once we get a scenery set worked out, it should be easy to blend in.

As on Railpage, I'm looking at the Koo Wee Rup loco siding area. However, instead of the two single tracks, it will be setup to operate as a double track line (admittedly with a set of facing points for the loco siding...).

On scenery, the Bendigo line is an interesting one in this area, as it really changes quite rapidly from 'green' to 'brown/dry' and back along it's length...

On this topic though, I would like to note that I am also looking organise a model railway user group around the Yarra Ranges area, which would possibly be working on a modular layout (hopefully to the same standards, or free-mo AU if we go with that), which could possibly be linked into our system...

Zec

I'm not stalking, honestly... :lol:

Seriously, though, good luck with the module building.

Shouldn't be too much of a drama, really, as it's still based in Victoria. It should still 'flow' pretty well from one module set to the next.

Sounds good, probably better to have the extra points there for operations.

Very true, I suppose that's the same for almost any line, really, same for the Ballarat line to a degree. Either way, shouldn't be too drastic if one's from the North East and another is West etc. etc.

Excellent, certainly good luck with that (a bit far for me to attend regularly of course! But we could always organise visits) and if possible, sticking to the modular Free-mo AU 'system' would be great, more modules for big meets would always be a good thing.

Wolfpac
New! WolfpacFotos.com - Big Update! Six new Galleries online!

President & Secretary, Melton Model Railway Club
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise specifically stated

Melton Free-mo AU / Wolfpac's Youtube Railway Videos

Return to “VR-Enthusiast Module Layout”