Plan of attack...

Discussion and happenings with a possible modular layout by members of the forum.
VRfan

Re: Plan of attack...

Postby VRfan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Tuesday's suits me better than saturdays.

R761r766

Postby R761r766 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:57 am

I want to participate also, however being 4-4.5 hrs from Melbourne one way limits me to weekends.
Regards,
Allastair

toxation
Site Admin

Postby toxation » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Who is going to the Prototype Modeller's Forum?

Could be a good place for a meeting if many of us are going?
Nick White

dthead

Postby dthead » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm at DVR all day Oct 22nd,23rd & 30th (DVR's 50th, I cannot6 miss that) and away nov 5,6th in Wagga.

Not that should stop the rest of ya.

I'll be bold and suggest Saturday Nov 19th AND Tuesday 15th Nov so we can get as many people there as possible... within a week. Mind you other days/dates may suit more. It's hard to dio this part too, getting the most to one physical spot, by we can but try.

Regards,
David Head

toxation
Site Admin

Postby toxation » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:37 pm

If two meetings are had, I suggest that at least one person goes to both to act as a mediator for the ideas from both, preferably more.

I won't be able to go to both, but I will endeavour to go to one. Would you be going to both David?

P.S. Are you going to the Wagga model rail exhibition and miniature railway rally?
Nick White

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm

If you are after a central meeting point I can offer HBMRC clubrooms at West Melbourne (Docklands). We have a small theatrette that can be used. The clubrooms are open Saturday & Sunday nights, but another time can be arranged. I have keys and can open up if required.

Regards,
Paul.

dthead

Postby dthead » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:52 pm

toxation wrote:If two meetings are had, I suggest that at least one person goes to both to act as a mediator for the ideas from both, preferably more.

I won't be able to go to both, but I will endeavour to go to one. Would you be going to both David?

P.S. Are you going to the Wagga model rail exhibition and miniature railway rally?

I would try to get to both. I do not want to have any major role here, I wish to be totally equal to all of you, and participate equally.

Yes I'll be at Wagga Wagga playing with the miniature stuff, and will be gpoinbg for a look Sat. afternoon say around 3pm probally at the model show.

Perhaps Toxation could put up 4 dates as a poll, so we all can decide and :"just do it"

Regards,
David Head

toxation
Site Admin

Postby toxation » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Done =).
Nick White

dthead

Postby dthead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Well as posted I went to the Melton Club at 1.30pm Saturday 12th November 2011.

Had a nice easy afternoon talking to Wolfpac and other Melton MRC member there. Had a good look att their permenant layout and the modeules Wolfpac had, and their adapter mdule to allow the modules to intergrate with teir main layout.

We talked a fiar it aobut much we already have talked about in these forums, but used Woldfac's modules as the example when I'd ask about xx & yy etc.

No other VR Enthusiast poster turned up so it was a easy finish at 3.30pm. I could have brought a loco to run on their layout but didn't.

Hope we can have a fe wmore turn up Tuesday. I'm a little concerned the idea has been a initial good idea but we are now settling down to nothing much at the moment. I hope we can all rethink and recomit, as we all know how hard it is to get a meet happening this time of year ! Many like me may go for whatever the group decided to get something going.

Hope to see some of you Tuesday night. Offer is there for a station run or trip to Sunshine or Greensborough.
I'd be heading over say about 6pm as it is about 45 mnutes away I found out on Saturday. PM me before 5pm tuesday for any contact.

Regards,
David Head

VRfan

Postby VRfan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Well I'm planning to be there tomorrow night anyway. I'll probably be wearing a holden t shirt.

I'll probably be there sometime after 7pm. Got to get home and then drive over.

Return to “VR-Enthusiast Module Layout”